Overview of tiredness
Weakness is when strength is decreased and extra effort is needed to move a certain part of the body or the entire body. Weakness is due to loss of muscle strength. Weakness can be a big part of why cancer patients feel fatigue.
Fatigue is an extreme feeling of tiredness or lack of energy, often described as being exhausted. Fatigue is something that lasts even when a person seems to be getting enough sleep. It can have many causes, including working too much, having disturbed sleep, stress and worry, not having enough physical activity, and going through an illness and its treatment.
Home Remedies for tiredness :
1. Eat your breakfast. People who eat breakfast every morning report less fatigue and stress than people who skip it. High-fiber foods, like hot oatmeal, stick with you longer than a sweet roll or pastry. As the day wears on, they'll prevent you from getting hungry (hunger can lead to low energy).
3. Belt out your favorite tune. Singing gives you a kind of emotional high while it reduces levels of stress hormones in your body. So grab a hairbrush, put on your favorite song, and sing away. If you're at work and don't want to face your co-workers' puzzled stares, you might want to save your vocal stylings for the car.
4. Have a drink of water. Dehydration can leave you feeling drained and fatigued. You don't necessarily have to follow the "eight glasses a day" rule, but you do want to drink enough water to keep your body well hydrated. You can tell you're well hydrated when you don't feel thirsty and your urine is light-colored. Try to get to the fridge or water cooler for a refill every few hours. The walk there will also help you wake up.
5. Go nuts. Eat a handful of almonds or peanuts, which are high in magnesium and folate (folic acid). These nutrients are essential for energy and cell production. A lack of these nutrients in your system can leave you feeling weary.
6. Grab a cinnamon stick. Some people say that just a whiff of this scented spice can reduce fatigue and make them feel more alert. No cinnamon handy? Grab a mint from your bag. Peppermint's sweet aroma is another fatigue fighter for some people. More research is needed to see if and how these aromas actually affect a person's energy level.
When to see doctor for tiredness :
You should call your doctor when your fatigue is accompanied by any of these other symptoms:
Change in mental status, such as becoming disoriented, confused or unconscious
Inability to urinate
Inability to wake someone who complained of fatigue
Recent sudden weight gain or swelling
Thoughts of harming or killing yourself
In other cases, make an appointment with your primary care provider. See your doctor for fatigue that has lasted for many weeks and is accompanied by:
Depression, anxiety, or feelings of severe stress
Frequent episodes of interrupted sleep
Unexplained weight loss or gain
When you visit your doctor, take a list of all the prescription and over-the-counter medications and supplements you take. Many drugs and over-the-counter products can disrupt sleep and cause fatigue. Drowsiness, which is often mistaken for fatigue, is a common side effect of medicines. If you are taking prescription medicine(s) that can cause fatigue, ask your doctor about changing the time you take it, changing the dose, or switching to a different medicine. Do not stop taking your medicine without first consulting the prescribing doctor.
Treatment for the tiredness
SEEKING MEDICAL CARE
See a doctor immediately if you
Feel severe pain along with fatigue
Have chest pain, an irregular heartbeat or shortness of breath
Experience abnormal bleeding
Make an appointment to see a doctor if you
Have fatigue that lasts two weeks or longer
Struggle to work or complete daily tasks
Feel sad or slowed down
What are the 3 types of fatigue ?
There are three types of fatigue: transient, cumulative, and circadian:
- Transient fatigue is acute fatigue brought on by extreme sleep restriction or extended hours awake within 1 or 2 days.
- Cumulative fatigue is fatigue brought on by repeated mild sleep restriction or extended hours awake across a series of days.
What is severe fatigue ?
Fatigue is a term used to describe an overall feeling of tiredness or lack of energy. ... If your fatigue doesn't resolve with proper rest and nutrition, or you suspect it's caused by an underlying physical or mental health condition, see your doctor.
What is a sentence for fatigue ?
Fatigue sentence examples. Perhaps it was fatigue from the long journey. Fatigue from physical exertion is a predisposing cause of heat-stroke, and constipation and alcoholic indulgence should be avoided. While they took away the fatigue and gave her energy, she could think of nothing but chocolate sundaes and pickles.
Why do I feel so tired and weak ?
Fatigue may result from overwork, poor sleep, worry, boredom, or lack of exercise. It is a symptom that may be caused by illness, medicine, or medical treatment such as chemotherapy. Anxiety or depression can also cause fatigue.
Why do I feel weak and dizzy ?
Causes of lightheadedness may be dehydration, medication side effects, sudden blood pressure drops, low blood sugar, and heart disease or stroke. Feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint is a common complaint among older adults.