X-RAY KNEE JOINT
X-Radiation is composed of X Rays and is basically an electromagnetic radiation which was discovered by a german scientist named Wilhelm Rontgen. An X-Ray ( XRay ) is usually used to denote a common imaging test which helps doctors view certain parts of our bodies to diagnose our medical condition. Different kinds of X-Ray ( XRay ) tests are used for different purposes for example X-Ray ( XRay ) with barium enema is used to check the gastrointestinal tract whereas mammogram is used to examine the breasts.
An X-Ray ( XRay ) is usually ordered in case someone is experiencing pain or discomfort in some part of the body or to monitor the progression or improvement of a diagnosed disease. Some conditions which may call for an X-Ray ( XRay ) are breast tumors, bone cancer, fractures, digestive issues and others.
There are various kinds of X-Ray ( XRay ) diagnostic tests and some include the following: X-Ray ( XRay ) of Abdomen, X-Ray ( XRay ) of legs, X-Ray ( XRay ) of skull, X-Ray ( XRay ) of hands, X-Ray ( XRay ) of chest and X-Ray ( XRay ) of knees.
The following are some steps that are to be taken in order to prepare for an X-Ray ( XRay ) test:
X-Rays ( XRays ) are standard tests for which you won?t need to do any major preparations. However the doctor may ask you to wear loose and comfortable clothing, depending upon the part which is to be examined.
You may be required to remove jewellery items or other accessories/metallic items.
You must inform the doctor if you have had any prior surgeries or metal implants. This is important since these implants can block the rays from passing through and creating good images.
In case of X-Ray ( XRay ) of the gastrointestinal tract, doctors may ask you to fast for a few hours before the test. Certain medicines too are given to clear the bowels properly beforehand.
X-Rays ( XRays ) tend to make use of small amounts of radiation so as to create images of the body and its parts. It is true that this radiation is safe for most of us but not for a developing baby. Thus for pregnant females, this test is not recommended.
You may experience some pain or discomfort during an X-Ray ( XRay ) if you are getting it done for a painful condition like a broken bone.
In some cases of an X-Ray ( XRay ) test, you may have to make use of a contrast material which helps highlight the part which is going under the scan. This contrast material may have side effects on certain people and these effects include itching, nausea, hives and lightheadedness.
Diarrhea; Gastroenteritis; Malabsorbtion; HIV; Cancer; Ulcerativer colitis; Crohn's diseases; Food Poisoning; Anaemia
- X-rays were discovered by accident in 1895 by Wilhelm Conrad Röentgen, a German professor.
- Röentgen noticed crystals giving off a fluorescent glow when placed near a high-voltage cathode-ray tube?even when he shielded them with dark paper. Some form of energy was being produced by the tube, penetrating the paper and causing the crystals to glow. His later experiments showed that this radiation could penetrate soft tissues but not bone, and would produce shadow images on photographic plates.
- Röentgen was awarded the very first Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901.
- The ?X? in X-ray stands for the unknown, just as x stands for an unknown quantity in mathematics.
- During World War I, X-rays were already being used for medical purposes, including locating bullets in the human body.
- X-rays were originally considered completely safe to the body, even though x-ray technicians would often suffer burns. The first person to die from x-ray radiation exposure was Thomas Edison?s assistant, Clarence Dally, who had worked extensively with X-rays. He died of skin cancer in 1904.
- X-ray technology can be used for elemental analysis and chemical analysis, determining the materials and layers in art objects, buildings, archaeological finds, and more.
- Diamonds don?t show up on X-rays.
We can help and guide you to find answer to your queries. Some sample questions we answered for our customers are: What is Stool routine cost in Mumbai? Cost of Stool routine in Mumbai? What is Stool routine cost in Bangalore? Cost of Stool routine in Bangalore ? What is Stool routine cost in Pune? Cost of Stool routine in Pune? What is Stool routine cost in Hyderabad? Cost of Stool routine in Hyderabad? What is Stool routine cost in Delhi? Cost of Stool routine in Delhi? What is Stool routine cost in Ahmedabad? Cost of Stool routine in Ahmedabad? You can also call us at 9503472446 or email us at email@example.com or chat with our customer support.