Megaloblastic anemia, a group of diseases characterized by large red blood cells (RBCs), is a form of macrocytic anemia. The condition results from impaired DNA synthesis and consequent defective erythrocyte maturation. Megaloblastic anemia is common in adults older than 60 years (a demographic group that continues to grow in the United States) and is associated with significant morbidity. 1 Causes of megaloblastic anemia include vitamin B12 (cobalamin) or folate (vitamin B9) deficiency and specific drugs. 2 , 3 Vitamin B12 deficiency and associated megaloblastic anemia may be caused by pernicious anemia, in which a lack of intrinsic factor (IF) prevents sufficient absorption of vitamin B12. 3 The initial evaluation for megaloblastic anemia includes a CBC and review of a peripheral blood smear. 2 Additional testing for vitamin B12 and/or folate deficiency and antibody testing for pernicious anemia may be performed based on the results of these initial tests. 3
Overnight fasting is mandatory. Wrap tube in aluminium foil to protect from light.
Report delivery time
You can get Daily report
"We can help and guide you to find answer to your queries. Some sample questions we answered for our customers are:
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Mumbai?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Mumbai?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Chennai?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Chennai?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Bangalore?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Bangalore ?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Pune?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Pune?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Hyderabad?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Hyderabad?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Delhi?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Delhi?
- What is MRI SCAN cost in Ahmedabad?
- Cost of MRI SCAN in Ahmedabad?
You can also call us at 9503472446 or email us at email@example.com or chat with our customer support."