Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) HBV-Genotype & Drug Resistance test (BLOOD)
A Hepatitis B (HBV) Blood Test Panel includes a Hepatitis B Core Antibody Total (Test #006718), Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (Test #006510), Hepatitis B Surface Antibody (Test #006395). Preparation: No fasting required.
Used to detect previous exposure to HBV; it can also develop from successful vaccination so it is used to determine the need for vaccination (if anti-HBs is absent) or to determine if a person has recovered from an infection and is immune (cannot get the infection again)
A hepatitis B surface antibody test is used to check for immunity to HBV. A positive test means you are immune to hepatitis B. There are two possible reasons for a positive test. You may have been vaccinated, or you may have recovered from an acute HBV infection and are no longer contagious.
Hepatitis B is a viral infection that attacks the liver and can cause both acute and chronic disease.
- The virus is most commonly transmitted from mother to child during birth and delivery, as well as through contact with blood or other body fluids, including sex with an infected partner, injection-drug use that involves sharing needles, syringes, or drug-preparation equipment and needle sticks or exposures to sharp instruments.
- WHO estimates that in 2015, 257 million people were living with chronic hepatitis B infection (defined as hepatitis B surface antigen positive).
- In 2015, hepatitis B resulted in an estimated 887 000 deaths, mostly from cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma (i.e. primary liver cancer).
- As of 2016, 27 million people (10.5% of all people estimated to be living with hepatitis B) were aware of their infection, while 4.5 million (16.7%) of the people diagnosed were on treatment. According to latest WHO estimates, the proportion of children under five years of age chronically infected with HBV dropped to just under 1% in 2019 down from around 5% in the pre-vaccine era ranging from the 1980s to the early 2000s.
- Hepatitis B can be prevented by vaccines that are safe, available and effective.
"We can help and guide you to find answer to your queries. Some sample questions we answered for our customers are:
- What is Hemogram cost in Mumbai?
- Cost of Hemogram in Mumbai?
- What is Hemogram cost in Bangalore?
- Cost of Hemogram in Bangalore ?
- What is Hemogram cost in Pune?
- Cost of Hemogram in Pune?
- What is Hemogram cost in Hyderabad?
- Cost of Hemogram in Hyderabad?
- What is Hemogram cost in Delhi?
- Cost of Hemogram in Delhi?
- What is Hemogram cost in Ahmedabad?
- Cost of Hemogram in Ahmedabad?
You can also call us at 9503472446 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with our customer support."